Application Note #167
Schematic view of TCRs on whole CD8+ T-cells binding to pMHCs.
Assessment of T-cell specificity to tumor associated antigens is crucial for the development of personalized immunotherapies against cancer. Multi-Parametric Surface Plasmon Resonance (MP-SPR) was applied for characterization of interaction of T-cell receptors (TCR) from tumor-specific CD8+ T-cells. Intact live cells were captured onto biomimetic surfaces composed of artificial cell membranes functionalized with peptide-major histocompatibility complexes (pMHC). Real-time affinity analysis of immunological synapse formation between TCR and pMHC was completed from 4 different T-cell populations.
Recommended instrument for this application
- Take a look at AN#128 and AN#139 to learn how to measure layer thickness and refractive index simultaneously with MP-SPR.
- To read about how live cells can be cultured over the sensor surface and applied in MP-SPR, see AN#137 and AN#156.
- Do you want to see how MP-SPR instruments work? Click here
- Do you want to see MP-SPR instruments comparison? Click here
- Here is the original publication by Soler et al., 2018.